David Quarles IV, was born and raised in Memphis, Tennessee a city that he loves for its people, art, and soul. He is a multi-hyphenate creative—an interior designer and stylist, jewelry designer, fitness instructor, and an absolute vegan foodie. From African and Indigenous-American and Afro-Caribbean descent, David allows his appreciation for his vibrant heritage to influence how he moves about the world and the beauty with which he views life.
"In May of 2020, I transitioned from a evo-lacto vegetarian lifestyle to one of veganism. I originally became vegetarian due to often falling ill after finishing meals. After removing meat from my diet, I noticed that I began to feel better. However, something was still off. Through a process of elimination and completely giving up all animal-derived foods, I've never felt better and can finally enjoy food again!"
With more energy than ever and an array of plant-based meals to choose from, David has fully adapted to his new vegan lifestyle, and only regrets not starting sooner! It's with this in mind that we asked David to bring his zest for life and impeccable style to the World of Tivoli. Looking to shake up dinner with a tasty vegan meal? Then you'll want to try his recipe for...
Vegan "Meatlovers" Pizza
Here's what you'll need:
- Good & Gather Organic Pizza Crust
- • 1/2 bell pepper (diced)
- • 1/2 white onion (diced)
- • 1 cup grape tomatoes
- • 2 cups eggplant (diced)—optional: to remove some of the moisture, slice the eggplant, place the slices flat on a paper towel, and let them sit in the refrigerator for 15-20min
- • 1 tbsp olive oil
- • Tofurkey Plant-Based Italian Sausage
- • Alpha Strips Plant-Based Grilled Chik'n
- • Daiya Cheddar & Mozz Style Blend
- • 1 cup Tomato sauce
- • Italian blend seasoning (to taste)
- • Preheat the oven to 420F.
- • Dice all of your vegetables and plant-based Italian sausage. Add with adding you olive oil to a saucepan on medium heat, lightly sauté the mixture for 4 minutes (or until the onions turn slightly translucent). Add in your Alpha Strips Plant-Based Grilled Chik'n and continue to sauté for an additional 2 minutes.
- • Lightly oil your pizza pan, or large, cast iron skillet.
- • Add your pizza crust and spread an even layer of tomato sauce over the crust.
- • Sprinkle a layer of the Daiya Cheddar & Mozz Style Blend over your tomatoes sauce.
- • From the saucepan, evenly distribute your sautéed vegetables and plant-based meats over the light layer of vegan cheese.
- • Sprinkle another layer of Daiya Cheddar & Mozz Style Blend over your sautéed mixture, while adding any left over diced vegetables to the top of the vegan cheese layer.
- • Place the pizza in the oven and bake for 13min. If you'd like to add a little bit of crispiness to the top of your pizza, turn the oven to high broil and let your pizza cook for an additional 1:30 minutes—but please watch it closely.
- • Safely remove the pizza from the oven and let cool.
- • Garnish with parsley, microgreens and/or your favorite vegan feta and ENJOY!
|SHOP THE LOOK|
|Model One BT|